Efface, expunge, erase, delete, rub out, [something scibbled out], wipe out, obliterate

The Title today is from the final index card (I assume according to Dimitri Nabokov). As to how it fits in I'm not yet sure: I'm not finished. Will I know when I'm finished? The cards are getting sketchier and sketchier (curiouser and curiouser).

According to Dimitri's somewhat self-serving Intro, Nabokov, toward the end, suffered "incessant inflammations under and around his toenails." And the "echoes" of this in the text arise largely from the I's desire to erase himself from the toes up. Or at least (so far as I've gotten) erase his toes. This urge may also inspire, or somehow lead to, the last card.

Will say more when I (know) more.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÜBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West