Edinburgh: St. Cuthbert's: Thomas De Quincey's Grave

We were in the Ibis just off the Royal Mile. I had walked halfway around the castle on the first night and I knew basically where St. Cuthbert's was. I woke early, checked the "big board" (a magical electronic map in the hotel) in terms of details, and was off. Of course, once there, it took me a little while to find De Quincey (I even Googled to get a look at his stone and adjacent stones -- this helped immensely). Luckily it was a pretty small graveyard.

Pics: "on the way to" and "within" the churchyard/graveyard of St. Cuthbert's, Edinburgh.

*


 
 


 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 



Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

Hitchcock's Soda City

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West