50+ Authors to Put on Your "Bucket List"

I thought it'd be fun to do. I started out going for a 100 books (the typical list, e.g., the BBC's), but decided (at least for me) it's a matter of authors more than books. I don't care about "cultural literacy" (whatever that is). I'm sure I've overlooked someone important, e.g., Herodotus, but I can always add to the list later (nothing magical about 50).

*In retrospect: the "Making of Lists" is in the playbook of The Theatre of the Absurd.

**The church is invisible; the list of authors is invisible--or at least subjective, ongoing, piling up, and probably missing some neglected-because-lost and some lost-because-never-found and some...

***Ergo the list becomes a metaphorical stack of books (the most recent find open and resting on its spine), and the reader, if so inclined, can extract a fraction of the list from my blogetic drivel and spat.




Stack of Books Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TĂśBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West