My Mont Sainte-Victoire: Santa Ana's Saddleback

Pretty sure that's what I can see from my home: Santiago and Modjeska Peaks (The Saddleback).

Again I missed my intended shot: when I walked out of the garage (just before 7:00) there were plenty of rose-colored putti floating above the Saddleback on the horizon. That was the shot I wanted but didn't get. By the time I returned with my camera (I originally had thought: Naw, don't need it), the sun had already climbed over the peak and slaughtered the innocents.

Oh, well, here's what I was left with (from 4th St. and Park):


2011.10.01


And a little later (from a hill alongside Rogers Middle School):


2011.10.01



Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West