OK, Only One Post on Emily Carr

Started school this week and things aren't pretty. That partly explains my silence.

Just a short passage from Emily's Hundreds (which got some Hogarthian ink) re her relationship with Lawren and theosophy.
     I have written to Lawren and told him about things. I think he will be very disappointed in me and feel I have retrograded way back, fallen to earth level, dormant, stodgy as a sitting hen. I think he will hardly understand my attitude for I have been trying these three years to see a way through theosophy. Now I turn my back on it all and go back sixty years to where I started, but it is good to feel a real God, not the distant, mechanical, theosophical one.  I am wonderfully happy and peaceful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
To feel a real God is beyond special. To know a real God is beyond impossible.

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West