Since I've Started: Why Not Have a Week Praising the Absurd

Today's laudatory gesture goes to that crazy Dane: Soren Kierkegaard. If you wade through him I guarantee you'll find some golden nuggets. 

Examples:
Like a thunderstorm, the genius goes against the wind.
It is the path we all take -- over the Bridge of Sighs into eternity.
One thought succeeds another; no sooner have I thought it and am about to write it down than there's a new one --hold it, grasp it -- madness -- insanity!

I'm also here to praise his longing for Repetition:
When this experience had been repeated for several days I became so exasperated, so tired of repetition, that I resolved to make my way home again. My discovery was of no importance, and yet it was a strange one, for I discovered that there is no such thing as repetition, and I had  convinced myself of this by trying in every possible way to get it repeated.



Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÜBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West