Juxtaposition I by R L Swihart

More of a "found" poem, I suppose; I'll christen it a "juxatposition poem."

Not very original (just some "pieces" passing through my head) and therefore "unsubmittable." And so I'll just hang it up here. It's gotta go somewhere. If anymore of these creatures jell, well, I'll let you know.

*

Juxtaposition I

1.
Truth is what stands the test of experience (Albert Einstein)
 
2.
Times Change. Values Don’t (Lakewood, CA)

3.
Sign hanging above a public pay phone:

FREE CALLS

Receive God’s Blessings. Get Daily Prayer
Press *12

Need Cash Now? Easy Quick Loans!
Press *13
 
Need Help Finding a Job?
Press *14
 
Need a Credit Card?
Press *15

Free Psychic Reading!
Press *16
 
4.
When I saw I was among the mad, I understood that everything up to this point
had been mere illusion (Gerard de Nerval, Aurelia)

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

Hitchcock's Soda City

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West