One has just been sent out as a biblical dove, has found nothing green, and slips back
into the darkness of the ark -- Kafka

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Some of What I've Underlined (Thus Far) in Beckett's "Malone Dies"

Some of the "bits" I've underscored (in Kindle) in Beckett's "Malone Dies":
  • What matters is to eat and excrete
  • Nothing is more real than nothing
  • and sorry he could make no meaning of the babel raging in his head, the doubts, desires, imagings and dreads
  • And on the threshold of being no more I succeed in being another
  • There is no use indicting words, they are no shoddier than what they peddle
  • It is such a night as Kaspar David Friedrich loved, tempestuous and bright
  • The noises of nature, of mankind and even my own, were all jumbled together in one and the same unbridled gibberish
  • For he knew how the dead and buried tend, contrary to what one might expect, to rise to the surface, in which they resembled the drowned
  • You may say it is all in my head, and indeed sometimes it seems to me I am in a head and that these eight, no, six, these six planes that enclose me are of solid bone

    Post a Comment