Beckett's "The Unnamable": "Where now? Who now? When now?"

Finished off Malone (who finished who) and have started The Unnamable.

  • Where now? Who now? When now? Unquestioning. I, say I. Unbelieving. Questions, hypotheses, call them that. Keep going, going on, call that going, call that on
  • I shall not be alone, in the beginning. I am of course alone. Alone
  • There are no days here, but I use the expression
  • Are there other pits, deeper down? To which one accedes by mine? Stupid obsession with depth
  • what I best see I see ill
  • The search for the means to put an end to things, an end to speech, is what enables the discourse to continue
  • I alone am man and all the rest divine

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West