Manuscripts Never Burn

3 December 1939. 

From the sanatorium at Barvikha to Moscow To his sister Yelena Dear Lyolya! Here is some news of me. A considerable improvement has been observed in my left eye. The right eye is lagging behind, but also seems to be trying to do something useful. According to the doctor it turns out that if there is an improvement in the eyes, that means there is an improvement in the functioning of the kidneys. And if that’s the case, then I feel a new hope stirring in me that on this occasion I will get away from the old crone with the scythe and finish one or two things that I would like to finish.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÜBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West