Sad Day for LB Peetniks


Peet's on 2nd shut down at the end of January -- too bad. There was a faithful following but, of course, it didn't get the draw like the Bucks on the opposite side of the street. I had been exploring the new PHILZ when I heard the news. Last time I was at Peet's was a week or two before it closed, because I went to PHILZ late in the morning and there wasn't a seat in the house.

*

A competitive shopping street: 2nd. Coffee shops come and go. A shame. Peet's had let a few things slide, but they were trying to fit in. They even recently converted the Boys' and Girls' Rooms to All Gender. Oh, well.

*

What's coming to that corner next? I remember Chipotle before Peet's and Johnny Rockets before that, but all that shops-come-and-go-biz was ages ago.

*








Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West