Coetzee's "The Master of Petersburg"

I've only "clipped" once (and I'm almost finished), but I'm enjoying. Fast then slow. And the "project" is a bit opaque, i.e., Seems an odd way to mourn your own son. Of course it's more than that -- and who am I to say what Coetzee should or shouldn't do -- but of course that is remaining an idee fixe for me throughout.

Oh, and it's pushing me to read Dusty-and-Dusky's The Devils. I think I've started it but never finished. We'll see.

*

He turns the pages back and forth distractedly. Forgiveness: is there no word of forgiveness, however oblique, however disguised? Impossible to live out his days with a child inside him whose last word is not of forgiveness.





Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West