Kalisz, Babcia, and Zubry (Dot over the Z)


Everyone needs a place of origin: hometown. Everyone needs a babcia. The zubry (smaller than the American buffalo) were freebies.

We stayed in Kalisz 3.5 days (thereabouts). After taking a few snapshots in the Russian graveyard (I was denied by a lock and chain last time) on the morning of the first day, I got in the habit of walking to the Old Town (Rynek) and having my usual "twisty buns" (for lack of a Polish word) sweetened with a few raisins and an Amerikanski coffee (not half bad). I also dipped into Gombrowicz and/or Mann in my favorite corner seat.

*




 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 




 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 





 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 






 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 





Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

Hitchcock's Soda City

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West