Why I Read Kafka

Probably more too it than this (always is), but for now I'm thinking: Hilarious and Serious.

*

From Samsa's travails:

'. . . But now that I am a witness to your incredible obstinacy, I find myself losing all desire to take your part in any way whatsoever. And your position in the firm is by no means assured. It was my original intention to tell you all this in private, but since you force me to waste my time here so pointlessly I see no reason why your good parents should not hear it as well. So I have to state that for some time past your work has been most unsatisfactory; this is admittedly not the best season for doing business, that we recognize, but a season for doing no business at all, Herr Samsa, such a thing does not exist, it cannot be allowed to exist.'

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West