A Few Fave Licks from Beckett's "Molloy"

  • you would do better, at least no worse, to obliterate texts than to blacken margins
  • To restore silence is the role of objects
  • and the arctic radiance comes pissing on our midnights
  • I took a pebble from my pocket and sucked it. It was smooth, from having been sucked so long, by me, and beaten by the storm
  • and soon through that mist too which rises in me every day and veils the world from me and veils me from myself
  • Yes, even then, when already all was fading, waves and particles, there could be no things but nameless things, no names but thingless names
  • Saying is inventing. Wrong, very rightly wrong
  • Watch wound and buried by the watchmaker, before he died, whose ruined works will one day speak of God, to the worms

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

Hitchcock's Soda City

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West