Cormac McCarthy: All the Pretty

This here meat’s goin to taste like cedar, said John Grady. I know it. Coyotes were yapping along the ridge to the south. Rawlins leaned and tipped the ash from his cigarette into the fire and leaned back. You ever think about dyin? Yeah. Some. You? Yeah. Some. You think there’s a heaven? Yeah. Dont you? I dont know. Yeah. Maybe. You think you can believe in heaven if you dont believe in hell? I guess you can believe what you want to. Rawlins nodded. You think about all the stuff that can happen to you, he said. There aint no end to it. You fixin to get religion on us? No. Just sometimes I wonder if I wouldnt be better off if I did. You aint fixin to quit me are you? I said I wouldnt.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

TĂœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

Hitchcock's Soda City

Kafka and Rilke