Oystercatchers @ White Point Beach








White Point Beach. Send in the clowns. It was a thrill to  cross the gap between mainland and "island" (my shoes usually got wet but I took that as a plus), nod to the sentinel gull (on a large rock overlooking the breakfast table), and watch the oystercatchers (blacks & hybrids) playing their breakfast game. I had so much fun I'll probably go back. Though hybrids are beautiful too, I'd love to see a true American oystercatcher drilling in the sand.:)


#rlswihart13 #rl_swihart #sanpedro #whitepointbeach #birdsofinstagram #breakfastclub #tidepools #seafoodbuffet #oystercatchers #blackoystercatchers #sendintheclowns #nature #beauty #poetry #readmorepoetry2021

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÜBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West