R L Swihart's "Matman & Testudo" (New Release)


Though I've been reading almost all my books on Kindle (these days: via the Kindle App on my phone) for some while, I'd never heard of Amazon KDP. Until recently. A seemingly sage Irish publisher told me he couldn't publish my new poetry book solely because of economic reasons (he went on to explain the exorbitant shipping costs for paper to the EU and the US). Perhaps he was just saying No in a nice, constructive way, but he did go on to give me the idea: Self-Publish via Google or Amazon KDP or Somewhere Else. I thought self-publishing was Only Vanity Publishing (and maybe it is). I thought self-publishing was Pay Big Bucks (and that's not necessarily the case).

Long story short: I took the dive. What do I have to lose? For me, it's never really been about money. The Kindle Version of Matman & Testudo was available at Amazon at the end of June. I hope to get a paper option out soon. These poems are probably the Best 100 of the last 5 years. Enjoy!

Oh, and if everything goes as Amazon says, there's a limited promotion July 4 to July 8: You should be able to download Matman & Testudo for FREE.

Click on the cover pic or release date below, or on the cover pic at the right side of the blog. Fly to Amazon now! or wait till July 4th (and get a bigger bang). 👍





Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÜBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West