A Few More "Stiller" Bullets


I love autumn, I love September. But when will the heat let up?

*

To Stiller:
  • a labour of Sisyphus
  • In face of the fact of life and death there is nothing whatever to be said
  • A shivering child, who is coughing very ominously, as though anxious to join the dead, is allowed to sample the sweetmeats already, although the food still belongs to the dead
  • We then discussed the well known line: Him I love who craves the impossible
  • At times I have the feeling that one emerges from what has been written as a snake emerges from its skin
  • We possess language in order to become mute
  • difficult to carry a knowledge that can never be proved nor even uttered
  • I worked for a month in Detroit; I fell in love with the daughter of a Conservative senator, who had a Cadillac, and we swam in Lake Michigan
  • either we smash ourselves to pieces on one another, or we love one another

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

TÃœBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Hitchcock's Soda City

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West