I'll Make an Attempt at the "Unreadable"

Won't feel obliged to finish it. Will see how it goes. One for the Flipper (Flaubert).

*

From Flaubert's Anthony:

     "Once more I have been deceived. Why these things? They arise from the revolts of the flesh! Ah! miserable man that I am!"
     He dashes into his cell, takes out of it a bundle of cords, with iron nails at the ends of them, strips himself to the waist, and raising his eyes toward Heaven:
     "Accept my penance, O my God! Do not despise it on account of its insufficiency. Make it sharp, prolonged, excessive. It is time! To work!"
     He proceeds to lash himself vigorously. 
 
 

Comments

POPULAR POSTS

Tarkovsky's Death and the Film "Stalker"

Hitchcock's Soda City

TÜBINGEN, JANUARY by Paul Celan

Coetzee's "Costello": Koba the Bear and Paul West